Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The 3 Stooges Duke it Out with PVC

Abracadabra... You're a... tree!
New Olympic sport - pole vaulting off a tree
Watch this! If I swing my wand at Dasha, I can smack her feet and make her swing go sideways.
Here we go... I can take out Grandma, Dasha, and the dog with one little swipe of my wand!
Aw, Grandma! You're no fun! I haven't caused any blood shed yet!
Do you remember that post about my confirmation of God's sense of humor? Tonight, I got enough evidence to prove my theory beyond a shadow of a doubt. Think back to that post about Fred constructing Ethel the birdseed catcher using PVC pipe. Well, Ethel insisted that poor Fred dismantle the whole contraption due to the fact that it scored very high on the "You Might Be A Redneck" scale. Poor Fred. I guess he put the now useless PVC pipe back into his doghouse. While he was out there cutting the crown molding (remember that from the same post?) to cover the paint blobs on the ceiling, Annie decided to thieve the pipe and turn it into her own magical wand. At first, she just wanted to whack the trees. Then, she figured out that she could reach the bird feeders and rock them back and forth and make the seed go everywhere. (Mom will probably blame the birds, anyway)! But, the best part of the whole darn thing was when she wanted to swing WITH the pole. I sat on the back porch and just sort of watched the whole Three Stooges episode unfold. At first, Annie just held onto the pipe as mom pushed her back and forth. Then, Annie started swinging the pole like her wand and that's when the show got really good! At first, she was only smacking Dasha and making Dasha spin around in the swing. That was ok entertainment. Then, she realized that she could push off the tree and make her swing go sideways. Ok. The entertainment value increased marginally. The best stunt was when she started swinging the wand back and forth diagonally and found that she could bust grandma in the snout and swipe Dasha's feet out from under her with the same motion. The commotion also made the dog run for cover! I'm going to refrain from asking the obvious question. "Why did stooge one and two continue to stand there and let stooge three smack them with the pole?" Maybe I did ask the question. Who cares. It was too stinking funny. At one point, I saw Fred peep out from his doghouse and laugh. My assumption is that his inner child was saying, "Ha! I'll make you think my creations are borne of redneck genes! I hope the ankle biter impales that PVC into your nose!" Neither one of us tried to save the stooges from each other. It was just about the funniest train wreck I've seen in a while!


OK. So, you can tell my exhaustion level based on how easy it is to amuse me. Tonight, I'm very easily amused.

I'm posting the calamity in order to appease my inner OCD diva who seems to feel the need to post every night. I'm not, however, catering to her need to follow the same format as other nights. Do other people argue with themselves like I do? Oh well.

Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment