Monday, June 3, 2013

Going to the chapel...


In an attempt to answer everyone's questions, I'm currently compiling an FAQ guide. In the meantime, here's what you need to know.
1) God's sense of humor is alive and, once again, He is getting a chuckle out of my antics. At the moment that I stopped trying to figure this thing called life out, He took over and gave me the deepest desires of my heart.
2) Laura Story's song Blessings and John Waller's song While I'm Waiting have an even more profound impact on my story these days. The blessing did come through rain drops and thank goodness I waited.
3) Yes, he is more than I could have ever imagined. This goes way beyond a glass slipper or a kiss from Prince Charming. This is the stuff that trumps even the best fairy tale. Cinderella, Belle, and Snow White don't have a clue. The only thing they might have on me right now is the ability to spontaneously burst into song and have little forest animals come to their sides.
4) "Face it girls. I'm older and I have more insurance!" (Fried Green Tomatoes) At this point in my life, I've learned a few things. Goodness knows that I sure have a lot more to learn. However, I've spent enough time on my knees crying out to know His voice and His blessings. I'm not in the middle of some sort of infatuation or rebound. For the first time in my life, my heart and my brain are in sync and I'm not compromising on a single thing. Seriously. I know that this life has storms. Remember? I seem to live smack dab in the eye of a raging hurricane. In the words of Phil Robertson, "Love don't pay the bills." While love is a wonderful thing and mushy and tingly, we all know that the world where unicorns dance (and crap Skittles), cotton candy falls from the sky, and everyone floats around singing Kum by yah just isn't reality. What we've been given is something that can withstand a four year old's whining, a 15 year old's attitude, and a 13 year old's weird boy stuff all compounded with finances, reality, and life. This is my reality now and I continue to keep my distance from Annie for fear of her pinching me and waking me up from this dream.(Can being bitten by a rogue child wake you up, too? Darn. I'll have to increase my distance from her)!
5) This wasn't as sudden as everyone thinks. Due to the glass house that I seem to live in, I felt the need to keep things under the radar until the final plans had been made. I absolutely love the support and interest that this silly blog generates but it does sort of put me in an awkward position. I don't have a clue as to the folks reading my ramblings and we all know that I don't really want any protesters showing up at the ceremony. I don't think that will happen but I have to be realistic and know that I'm not on the Top 10 Favorites list of some folks. Anyway, the ceremony will be small and for close family and a few nut jobs who've managed to prove their insanity and call themselves friends. As Ann tells Gilbert in Ann of Green Gables, "I don't want diamond sunbursts, or marble halls. I just want you." That's where we're at.

Ok. That should be enough information to keep everyone at bay for a few days. I know everyone is interested in the mystery man and I'll introduce him. For now, though, all you need to know is that he is an absolute blessing beyond belief and has answered prayers that I didn't really even have enough faith to pray.

Delight thyself also in the LORD;
and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalm 37:4

Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment