Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Month in Photos

 So, here's the rundown of the last month through the lens of my camera. Some folks have said they would like to be a fly on the wall in my home. Well, this is as close as you'll ever get to that. Flies in my house are hunted down by the cat - sort of like the Karate Kid with chopsticks. It has been a very busy month and I'm yearning for a day on the beach with my Kindle and no shark bait to look after. But, for now, I'm just going to enjoy the few moments I have while one chunk of my shark bait is pruning herself in the tub while singing, "I'm a Barbie Girl." No, I'm not kidding. Don't judge me! She loves Barbies and just thinks it's a song about Barbie and Ken. When she catches on to the lyric, "you can brush my hair, undress me anywhere...," I'll make the CD have a tragic accident and zap her memory with the Men in Black memory zapper. (Or, I'll make that happen when her preschool teacher complains about her singing it in class). Anyway... here are the G rated events that made the list for A Month in Photos: Randolph style (not Gangnam style).
I've scared one into submission. Two to go.
Laundry is a complete joke. My bed has become the staging area for clean clothes. Grab and go.
Annie's first Balance Time (Valentine's) Day was a success. She was especially fond of the candy.
Box + Grandma's house = Hours of peace and quiet (Annie playing and Papa snoring in his new recliner - hence the box).
Another birthday...
Another photo to add to my collection.






Oh, and by the way, Annie can now write her own name.
Grant's band concert
Grant at the Student of the Month Banquet
Yes, that's a bacon cupcake (alongside a chocolate something, PB something, and birthday cake something).
Hard to think this was 10 years ago.
Can you say, "Stubborn?" I'm not sure where she gets that from. HA!
Big kids leading worship.
Storm season rolling in. (Did I mention that I really dislike tornado-ish storms)?
She's just missing the cape and leotard. She definitely already has the super-hero mentality!
Dad and Grant at the Order of the Arrow Tap Out Ceremony. Can you say COLD?
Dasha's chorus concert

Gentle Giant got glasses. Yes, he looks JUST like his father. I've done more than one double-take!

Folks, the photos might give you a glimpse through the windows into the world we're living in but, believe me, it doesn't even begin to show the reality. No one could have prepared me for what it would be like to raise two teenagers and a VERY strong-willed toddler. I've read the books but I'm convinced those people who write the books don't have real kids. I think they have alien transplants who've been programmed to have at least a few shreds of common sense. I promise that I'm going to write a parenting book one day if I survive and Barnes and Noble will have to file it in the "horror" category because it will be REAL! Yes, there will be chapters on the moments of sheer pleasure and wonderment but there will definitely be some chapters with the real stuff that no one seems to want to talk about.

The reality of my situation these days is pretty intense. From scheduling to finances, everything seems to be hitting the fan at once. And, honestly, the only reason I've got a few moments to write this is because I archived my Outlook mailbox at school today and can't get to the email that contains the login to work on completing the yearbook layouts. While Annie is in the bath (calm down, she's less that 8 feet from me and in plain sight and she's currently singing at the top of her lungs so I know she's not drowning), I figured I'd take a moment and post my Month in Pictures blurb to let everyone know that I'm still alive. I'll admit that I get quite a chuckle every time I get an email from my old blog address from someone who didn't get the "I've moved" message and thinks that I've gone to the dark side. Bottom line, YES, we're all still alive and I'll give a more heartfelt response in days to come.
Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment